Are you looking for some delicious raw chocolate truffle recipes? Well, we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll be sharing five amazing raw chocolate truffle recipes that are sure to satisfy even the pickiest chocoholics.
Raw chocolate (see also: What Are The Benefits Of Chocolate And Raw Cacao?)truffles are a healthier version of their baked counterparts. The ingredients are simple and natural, meaning you won’t get sick after eating them. Plus, they taste better too.
We’re huge fans of dark chocolate. And we love dates. When we found out about the amazing benefits of dates, we knew we had to make some raw vegan chocolate truffles.
These are perfect for Valentine’s Day because you’re giving something sweet without all those added sugars.
- For 1 dozen truffles, you’ll need…
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1/8 cup coconut sugar
1. Soak the dried dates in hot water for about 10 minutes. Drain well.
2. Add the dates to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
3. Transfer the date mixture to a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
4. Shape the dough into small balls, and place them on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, rotating halfway through, until slightly puffed and golden brown.
6. Let cool completely, then store in airtight containers.
What makes these truffles special is that they use dates, coconut oil, cacao powder, vanilla extract, and salt. So, there’s really nothing else needed!
These raw chocolate truffles are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber, protein, healthy fats, and phytonutrients. In fact, we’ve been eating them every day since we made them. And we’re still finding new ways to enjoy them!
- 12 or 13 Medjool Dates.
- ⅔ Cup Almond Butter
- ½ Cup Almond Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Cacao Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Maca Powder
- ¼ TeaspoonSea Salt
1. Blend your Medjool dates in a blender and blend until smooth, scrape down the edges of the blender as necessary. Add your almond flour, salt, maca powder, cacao powder, and almond butter.
2. Blend this until smooth.
3. Make smooth ball shapes with the mixture and roll them in your hands.
4. Roll these in the hemp seeds and cacao.
5. Store in a container in the refrigerator.
These truffles are a delicious treat that you don’t want to miss. They are easy to make and best enjoyed within 3 days of making them. You could even freeze them if you wish. This recipe is vegan-friendly, gluten-free, and dairy free.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- ¼ Shredded Coconut
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
2. Fill a heat-proof bowl with about 2 inches of cold water and place it on top of the boiling water.
3. Put the chocolate chips into the bowl and stir occasionally until the chocolate melts completely.
4. Remove the bowl from the hot water and transfer the mixture to a blender. Blend on low speed until everything is combined well.
5. Pour the ganache onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and spread it out evenly. Let cool and harden completely.
6. When ready to coat the truffles, put the coconut into a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Transfer to a shallow dish.
7. Dip each truffle into the coconut, turning to cover both sides. Set aside on a wire rack to dry.
Chocolate and strawberries are one of those classic pairings that always taste better together.
And while there are plenty of ways to enjoy both flavors individually, it takes something special to bring them together into one delicious treat. This recipe uses five simple ingredients and doesn’t even require cooking!
- 1 cup Almond Butter
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- Frozen Dried Strawberries
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1. Mix together almond butter and maple sugar until fully combined and smooth, adding a little water if necessary.
2. Add cacao powder and coconut meal and mix well.
3. Roll one tablespoon of dough into small round balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
4. Repeat until you run out of dough.
5. Set aside.
6. Blitz the strawberries in a food processor (or high-powered blender). You want it to be almost pureed.
7. Toss the truffle balls in everything around until evenly distributed.
8. Sprinkle some cinnamon over the top and serve immediately.
The holidays are coming up fast, and we know you’ve been thinking about what to bake for everyone on your list.
These vegan rum and raisin truffles are perfect because they look like traditional Christmas treats, but they’re actually easy to make and require no baking.
They’re also gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, nut-free, and oil-free.
- 3 Tbsp Chopped Raisins
- 1 Tbsp Rum Extract
- 6 Tbsp Coconut Cream/Milk
- 150g Vegan Chocolate
- 3 Tbsp Cacao Powder
1. Mix your rum extract and raisins together in a small bowl and mix, then set this aside for later.
2. Chop up your chocolate if need be into small pieces because the smaller they are the easier they will melt.
3. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and then set this aside.
4. Heat your coconut Cream until you get to a gentle simmer, but do not boil. Then pour this over the chocolate and leave it to sit for a further 5 minutes. When everything is melted, add in the raisins mix.
5. Place bowl in the fridge for roughly 2 hours. When ready, scoop out small ball formations and roll them until you get your desired truffle shape. Then roll these in the cacao powder.
These are just a few of the many different kinds of raw chocolates you can create. We hope you enjoyed our collection and that you’ll try making some of your own soon.